Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Maiden Voyage....

Here's my first post ever into a personal blogging world.  This blog is an extension of my professional blog with my online teacher-librarian course, and is supposed to reflect my personal life and how my newfound organizational skills are helping me have more personal time, and therefore more time to blog :)  This week consisted of not too much time to myself - while I did not have to sub on Thursday and Friday (prime times to work on this!), my parents came over and helped me work on house projects.  And 'helped me' in probably the wrong term - my dad did pretty much everything himself.  He didn't even really need my help.   Despite that, I thought it would be rude to be on the computer blogging the whole time he was here, therefore I got nothing done.  What about the evenings, you ask?  I worked both evenings at my second job.  Such is life!  On the upside, there is no longer a gaping hole in the ceiling of my bathroom!


Here is a picture of said filled hole.  Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the hole before, and that's rather disappointing to me, as I thought I did.  Suffice it to say it was huge, and we think it used to be part of a wood burning stove system WAY back.  And we think it then also doubled as the 'fan' for the bathroom, as there was no fan in there until we put one in.  Really?!  You just let all that steam etc go up into the attic....?  Okay....

The one really wonderful, personal thing I did this week was spend some time outdoors at the Forestry Farm.  I did spend that time finishing up my inquiry proposal for my online class, but what a wonderful way to do it as it was GORGEOUS out for the middle of October....

This is the view from where I was first sitting, but it was too much in the shade, and I was VERY chilly - almost chilly enough that I wanted to leave....
I moved to this new spot, where it was absolutely gorgeous.  I had to take my jacket off I was so warm, and I wished I wasn't wearing a bunnyhug too because that was almost too much.
 One of the many peacock families right by where I was sitting and working.
 There were SO many of them!
 Yes, they were that close.  I could have touched them.  And they didn't even move when I got up to leave and walk around after I was done!

There are many things I love about fall, and that is one of them - gorgeous days and beautiful sights.  Now it's starting to get cold and rainy, which are some of my least favourite things about fall....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment